This gundam paper model is a ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam, a mobile suit which appears in the manga / anime series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, piloted by Rey Za Burrel, the papercraft created by toy2693, and shared by Kevin Chapman.
ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam was built by ZAFT in CE 74, the Legend is piloted by Rey Za Burrel, stationed aboard the battleship Minerva.
Athrun Zala's Second Defection
Initially, Athrun Zala was the designated pilot, but the suit is later assigned to Rey after Athrun shows sign of defection. The Legend's combat debut is against a stolen ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited, piloted by Athrun Zala along with Meyrin Hawke. Which later destroyed by Shinn Asuka's ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam.
The Battle of Heaven's Base
It then participates in Operation Ragnarök, the invasion of Heaven's Base in Iceland, where it and Lunamaria Hawke's ZGMF-X56S Impulse assist Shinn Asuka's ZGMF-X42S Destiny in defeating the base's GFAS-X1 Destroy squad.
The Second Battle of Orb
Later, after being held in reserve for the initial stage of the battle, Legend is launched to participate in the invasion of Orb after the assault begins to go badly for ZAFT. During this battle Rey for the first time battles the new ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom, piloted by Kira Yamato, who defeated the Providence in the last war.
The Assault on Daedalus Lunar Base
After the firing of Requiem, the Minerva heads to space to participate in the battle near the Daedalus lunar base, and during that battle, the Legend defeated two GFAS-X1 Destroy units before destroying the retreating Girty Lue, killing Blue Cosmos/Logos leader Lord Djibril.
The Final Battle of Second Bloody Valentine War
During the final battle, Legend has been heavily damaged by Kira Yamato's Strike Freedom when he has been dazed by Kira's reason, giving Kira a chance to heavily damage it. Later, Rey regain consciousness and he took his damaged Legend to the Messiah and Legend later is presumed to be destroyed in the destruction of the mobile fortress Messiah.
Salvation by Librarian Works
The remains of the Legend were apparently salvaged by Librarian Works, in SEED vs Astray. And the information on its DRAGOON system is used to create a more advanced version of the DRAGOON system, for use on the LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence.
Based on the ZGMF-X13A Providence the outward appearance of the Legend is modeled after the former unit. The Legend is powered by a "hyper deuterion" reactor, which is a nuclear reactor that incorporates a derivative of deuterion beam technology for currently unknown purposes. The Legend is taller and less bulky than its predecessor, therefore it's speed and mobility have improved and is almost on par with the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom, as seen when the two suits battle.
The Legend is equipped with a wide variety of weapons, which are often upgraded versions of the Providence's weapons. Like most mobile suits the Legend is equipped with two head mounted vulcan guns for close combat or for shooting down missiles. It also can carry an optional MA-BAR78F high-energy beam rifle. [Source: wikia]
- DRAGOON System
- Like its predecessor the main armament of the Legend is the DRAGOON System. However the system utilized by the Legend is a refined version which allows ordinary pilots to control the multiple remote weapon pods. This technology was first tested on the ZGMF-X3000Q Providence ZAKU. The Legend has 10 DRAGOON pods, mounted on its backpack and waist with two pods being armed with beam spikes, which are capable of penetrating the Positron Deflectors on EA mobile armors such as the YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah and YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe. These two large pods also mount GDU-X7 assault beam machine guns. The other eight DRAGOON pods mount GDU-X5 assault beam machine guns bringing the total number of beam machine guns used by the Legend to 26. Also unlike the earlier versions of the DRAGOON System, the pods can swap up or down when mounted on the backpack, an then fired to concentrate their firepower on one target even if not disconnected.
- Large DRAGOON Pods
- Each large DRAGOON Pod is equipped with four beam spikes and five GDU-X7 assault beam machine guns, they're mounted on the top of the Legend's backpack. The beam spikes allow them to penetrate Positron Deflectors used by EA MA.
- Small DRAGOON Pods
- Each small DRAGOON Pod has two GDU-X5 assault beam machine guns.
- MA-BAR78F High-Energy Beam Rifle
- An optional hand-held beam rifle.
- MA-M80S "Defiant Kai" Beam Javelins
- For close combat the Legend is equipped with two MA-M80S "Defiant Kai" beam javelins, which are similar in function and appearance to beam sabers. Each leg stores one javelin and the two can be combined to form a double-bladed beam saber.
- MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" Beam Shield Generator
- Like the Destiny the Legend is equipped with two MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" beam shield generators, with each wrist mounting one generator. These generators allow the Legend to defend itself from most beam weapon attacks.
- Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor
- The Legend is powered by a hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor, giving it a self-replenishing power reserve. This gives the suit considerably increased operation time and is capable of running VPS without risk of shutdown.
- Neutron Jammer Canceller
- A device built into the mobile suit to counter the effects of Neutron Jammers, this gives the Legend the ability to use its Hyper-Deuterion Reactor without risk of being shut down.
- Operating System
- The Legend uses the operating system Gunnery United Nuclear-Deuterion Advanced Maneuver system.
- Variable Phase Shift Armor
- An improved version of phase shift armor, VPS armor is capable of automatically changing its strength and power consumption.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 27 Light Gray
- 1 White
- 3 Blue
- 3 Red
- 5 Black
You can download this gundam paper model here: ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam Free Paper Model Download