This gundam paper model is ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam, the successor to the ZGMF-X10A Freedom, based on the manga / anime series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, (also appears in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next; Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY: Alliance VS ZAFT II; Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Cosmic Drive/Universe Accel), piloted by Kira Yamato, the papercraft created by Ette, and shared by Kevin Chapman. There is another papercraft version here: Mini ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam Papercraft.
General and Technical Data
- Model number: ZGMF-X20A
- Code name: Strike Freedom Gundam
- Unit type: prototype assault mobile suit
- Manufacturer: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
- Operator(s): Three Ships Alliance; Orb Union
- First deployment: C.E. 74
- Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
- Dimensions: overall height 18.88 meters
Weight: max gross weight 80.09 metric tons
- Armor materials: unknown
- Powerplant: ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor, power output rating unknown
- Propulsion: “Voiture Lumiere” propulsion system
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor; Neutron Jammer Canceler
- Fixed armaments: 2 x MMI-GAU27D 31mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; MGX-2235 “Callidus” multi-phase beam cannon, mounted in torso; 2 x MA-M02G “Super Lacerta” beam saber, stored on hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x MMI-M15E “Xiphias 3″ rail cannon, folded underneath hips, spread out in use; 2 x MX2200 beam shield generator, mounted on forearms; 2 x MA-M21KF high-energy beam rifle, stored on hips, hand-carried in use, can be combined
- Optional fixed armaments (docked with METEOR): 2 x 120cm high-energy beam cannon, 2 x 93.7cm high-energy beam cannon, 2 x MA-X200 beam sword , 77 x 60cm “Erinaceus” anti-ship missile launchers
- Optional hand armaments: none
- Remote weapons: EQFU-3X Super DRAGOON mobile weapon wings
Technical and Historical Notes
During the Bloody Valentine War, ZAFT’s ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam comes to be known as one of the most powerful mobile suits ever created. In the C.E. 73, ZAFT creates a successor unit, the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam. However, the Strike Freedom is stolen by Terminal, a secret organization associated with followers of Lacus Clyne. The Strike Freedom is a major improvement over the original Freedom Gundam in various respects. The wings feature new high output thrusters developed from the “Voiture Lumiere” propulsion system used by the GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam. The Strike Freedom is powered by the hyper deuterion nuclear reactor technology developed by ZAFT. This new design stores power in deuterion form, providing a continuous deuterion charge and, in theory, an endless power supply. However, it’s possible for the suit’s power to be expended before the reactor can replenish it. The Strike Freedom features a pair of new beam shield generators, similar to ones used by the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam. The Strike Freedom retains a set of hip-mounted rail cannons, although the cannons can swivel behind the main body and swap places with a pair of hip-mounted, combinable beam rifles. The Strike Freedom is also armed with a chest beam cannon, head-mounted vulcan guns and a pair of beam sabers. The biggest change in armaments, however, is in the Strike Freedom’s wings. Where the original Freedom Gundam carried a pair of plasma beam cannons, the Strike Freedom features eight DRAGOON (Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network) units. The DRAGOON units housed in the wings utilize an improved quantum communications system, allowing normal pilots without expanded spatial awareness to use them. Also, like the original Freedom Gundam, the Strike Freedom is capable of docking with the METEOR mobile weapons platform.
In early C.E. 74, the original Freedom Gundam is destroyed in a battle with Shinn Asuka’s ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam. The Strike Freedom first enters combat when Kira Yamato flies into Earth orbit in the MBF-02 Strike Rouge to assist the Eternal, under attack by ZAFT forces. Afterwards, Kira, accompanied by Lacus Clyne in the ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam, returns to Earth and rendezvous with the Archangel. With ZAFT’s attack on the Orb Union in full swing, Kira joins in the defense of Orb and engages Shinn’s new Destiny Gundam. When the Three Ships Alliance heads to space to counter ZAFT’s forces, Kira participates in the final battle over the Moon. During the battle, he causes heavy damage to Rey Za Burrel’s ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam. Using the METEOR, Kira also heavily damages ZAFT’s mobile space fortress Messiah. Soon after, the death of PLANT Supreme Council Chairman Gilbert Durandal and the destruction of Messiah mark the end of the war.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 14 White
- 18 Dark Blue
- 7 Blue
- 16 Gold
- 2 Red
- 3 Gray
You can download this gundam paper model here: ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam Ver.2 Free Paper Model Download
For this paper model, we recommend that you use the material (Paper, Paint, Glue, etc.) to make. Here are Great Deals, and here are 100s of card making ideas. There is FREE sewing patterns that you may need.