This aircraft paper model is a Kawasaki Ki-100 fighter, used by the Imperial Japanese Army (IJN) in World War II, the papercraft was designed by etsutan. The Japanese Army designation was "Type 5 Fighter". No Allied code name was assigned to this type, although it may have been misidentified as a Tony due to the similar profile and appearance.
The emergency measure of adapting a Ki-61-II-KAI fighter to carry a Mitsubishi radial engine resulted in one of the best interceptors used by the Army during the entire war. It combined excellent power and manoeuvrability and, although its high-altitude performance against the USAAF Boeing B-29 Superfortress heavy bombers was limited by the lack of an efficient supercharger, it performed better than most other IJAAF fighters.
Operational missions began in March 1945. From the first engagements, the Ki-100 performed well against the B-29 and showed itself to be equally effective against U.S. Navy carrier fighters. A new variant, the Ki-100-Ib, was produced during the last weeks of the war in time to equip five sentai for home defense duties. For more infomation of the Kawasaki Ki-100 Fighter please click here.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 8.82 m (28 ft 11 in)
- Wingspan: 12.00 m (39 ft 4 in)
- Height: 3.75 m (12 ft 4 in)
- Wing area: 20 m² (215 ft²)
- Empty weight: 2,525 kg (5,567 lb)
- Loaded weight: 3,495 kg (7,705 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Mitsubishi Ha 112-II radial engine, 1,120 kW (1,500 hp) at take off
- Maximum speed: 580 km/h (313 kn, 360 mph) at 6,000 m (19,700 ft)
- Cruise speed: 400 km/h (217 kn, 249 mph)
- Range: 2,200 km (1,189 nmi, 1,367 mi)
- Service ceiling: 11,000 m (36,090 ft)
- Climb to 5,000 m (16,400 ft): 6 min
- Guns: 2 × 20 mm fuselage-mounted Ho-5 cannons, and 2 × 12.7 mm (.50 in) wing-mounted Ho-103 machine guns
You can download this aircraft paper model here: WWII Kawasaki Ki-100 Fighter Free Aircraft Paper Model Download
For this paper model, we recommend that you use the material (Paper, Paint, Glue, etc.) to make. Here are Great Deals, and here are 100s of card making ideas. There is FREE sewing patterns that you may need.