This fighter paper model is from paper-replika. The Kawanishi N1K was an Imperial Japanese Navy floatplane fighter. The Kawanishi N1K-J Shiden was an Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service land-based version of the N1K. Assigned the Allied codename “George“, the N1K-J was considered by both its pilots and opponents to be one of the finest land-based fighters flown by the Japanese during World War II.
The N1K possessed a heavy armament and, unusual for a Japanese fighter, could absorb considerable battle damage. The N1K-J evenly matched the F6F Hellcat and was a better match than the A6M Zero for such aircraft as the F4U Corsair and P-51 Mustang. Despite such capability, it was produced too late and in insufficient numbers to affect the outcome of the war.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 30 ft 7 in (9.3 m)
- Wingspan: 39 ft 4 in (12.0 m)
- Height: 13 ft 0 in (3.9 m)
- Wing area: 253 ft² (23.5 m²)
- Empty weight: 5,855 lb (2,656 kg)
- Loaded weight: 8,820 lb (4,000 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 10,710 lb (4,860 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Nakajima Homare NK9H radial engine, 1,990 hp (1,480 kW)
- Maximum speed: 369 mph (594 km/h)
- Range: 1,066 mi; 1,488 mi (2,395 km) ferry (1,716 km / 2,395 km)
- Service ceiling: 35,500 ft (10,800 m)
- Rate of climb: 4,000 ft/min (high octane fuel) (20.3 m/s)
- Wing loading: 34 lb/ft² (166 kg/m²)
- Power/mass: 0.226 hp/lb (0.305 kW/kg)
- 4× 20 mm Type 99 Model 2 Mk 4 cannon in wings. 200 rounds per gun (up from 100 rounds per gun internally and 70 rounds per gun in underwing boots for the early N1K1-J). The 20×101 mm round had an effective range of 1,000 m (3,280 ft) and a muzzle velocity of 700 m/s (2,297 ft/s). The 128 g shell had 6-8% HE. Rate of fire was about 500 rounds/min per gun. The guns were synchronized to converge at 200 m (656 ft).
- 2× 250 kg (551 lb) bombs
- 1× 400 L (105 gal) drop tank
You can download this WWII fighter paper model from here: WWII Fighter Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Free Aircraft Paper Model Download
For this paper model, we recommend that you use the material (Paper, Paint, Glue, etc.) to make. Here are Great Deals, and here are 100s of card making ideas. There is FREE sewing patterns that you may need.