This paper model is a Land Speeder Typhoon, based on the game Warhammer 40K, the papercraft was created by Patoroch. The Land Speeder Typhoon is a variant of the standard Land Speeder used by the Adeptus Astartes as a fast attack and reconnaissance vehicle. The Land Speeder Typhoon, like the Land Speeder Tornado variant of the Land Speeder, differs from the standard Land Speeder only in terms of weaponry.
The Land Speeder Typhoon is equipped with twin-linked Missile Launchers, known as Typhoon Missile Launchers, one on each side of the craft. The vehicle's Missile Launchers are capable of carrying up to 12 missiles of various types, such as Krak or Frag Missiles. A land Speeder Typhoon loaded with Krak Missiles makes for a very powerful anti-armour weapon, as it is able to attack enemy armoured vehicles and retreat before the foe has time to retaliate. The Land Speeder Typhoon is usually deployed in conjunction with a Land Speeder Tornado, as the Tornado's powerful anti-infantry weaponry eliminates enemy infantry while the Typhoon freely engages enemy armour.
The Land Speeder Typhoon is able to fulfill the same scouting and reconnaissance role as the standard Land Speeder, yet with the added firepower of its additional weapons. The standard Land Speeder Typhoon is armed with a single pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter that is operated by the vehicle's gunner and a set of twin-linked Missile Launchers, known as Typhoon Missile Launchers, that are mounted on the vehicle's sides, behind the cockpit, which are controlled by the vehicle's driver. The vehicle's Heavy Bolter can be switched out for a Multi-Melta to give the Land Speeder Typhoon enhanced anti-armour firepower and the Typhoon Missile Launchers can be loaded with either anti-infantry Frag Missiles or anti-armour Krak Missiles, providing the vehicle with enhanced tactical flexibility. The vehicle's Typhoon Missile Launchers can also be loaded with Flakk Missiles to allow it to engage enemy aircraft, yet this is an uncommon practice. During the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy there were several different variations of the standard Land Speeder, some of which included hull-mounted cannons and different pintle-mounted weapons, but these variants have long since disappeared from most, if not all, Imperial armouries. Unlike many other Imperial vehicles, the Land Speeder and its variants have no upgrades or attachments that can be equipped. [Source: Wikia]
The origins of the standard Land Speeder and its Typhoon variant date back to the first century of the Great Crusade in the 30th Millennium, when Techno-Archaeologist Arkhan Land led several expeditions into the uncharted and extremely dangerous depths of the Librarius Omnis on Mars. During these expeditions, Land rediscovered the Standard Template Construct (STC) designs for two heavy tracked vehicles. The first was the mighty battle tank which would later be known as the Land Raider, and the second was the humble utility vehicle called the Land Crawler. Land also discovered information regarding powerful and compact plates capable of emitting an anti-gravitic field and Land later developed theories on their uses. Unfortunately, years before the first Land Speeder was built, Arkhan Land and his entire expeditionary force were wiped-out by an unknown, yet extremely powerful psychic entity while conducting yet another expedition into the Librarius Omnis. All three of the designs he found were ultimately named after him.
Some time after his death, the anti-gravitic plate technology he had discovered was used in the construction of the Land Speeder. The Land Speeder was issued to the Space Marine Legions and to the Imperial Army as a light vehicle intended for scouting and lightning-fast assaults. During the Horus Heresy the Land Speeder was used on both sides of the conflict, yet due to the difficulty and expense of maintaining them they are no longer used by the Traitor Legions. After the Horus Heresy, and the reformation of the Imperial Army into the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Guard, the Land Speeder was no longer issued to non-Astartes soldiers, as their technology has become far too precious and complex to be risked in the hands of Imperial troops who are not the elite of Mankind. The original Land Speeder had several different patterns, several of which were slower than others. These early designs were dropped from use completely as they had only been used by the mortal soldiers of the Imperial Army. The Land Speeder patterns used by the Astartes are far too fast and difficult to control for non-enhanced human reflexes.
Known Users of the Land Speeder Typhoon
- Dark Angels - The Dark Angels Space Marine Chapter makes heavy use of both Land Speeders and Land Speeder Typhoons in their 2nd Company, the Ravenwing. The Dark Angels deployed several Land Speeder Typhoons during the Siege of Vraks against the Forces of Chaos. The Dark Angels also made use of these vehicles during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy against the Traitor Legions.
- Raven Guard - The Raven Guard make use of the Land Speeder and its variants, especially the Land Speeder Tornado and Typhoon, during their many campaigns. The Raven Guard enjoy the vehicle's lightning fast speed and high maneuverability as it fits perfectly with their combat doctrine's emphasis on highly mobile warfare. The Raven Guard deployed several Land Speeder Typhoons and other Land Speeder variants during the Imperial raid on the Ork-held planet of Kastorel-Novem. The Raven Guard also used these vehicles during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy against the Traitor Legions.
- Red Scorpions - The Red Scorpions Space Marine Chapter, along with many other Chapters, used Land Speeders and Land Speeder Typhoons during the Badab War against the Secessionist forces of the Tyrant of Badab, Lufgt Huron.
- Lamenters - The Lamenters Space Marine Chapter, along with the other Secessionist Chapters, used Land Speeders of all types during the Badab War against the Imperium.
- Blood Ravens - The Blood Ravens Space Marine Chapter made use of the Land Speeder and its more common variants during the Dark Crusade and the Kaurava Campaign.
- Ultramarines - The Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter makes extensive use of the Land Speeder and all of its variants, and the Ultramarines have used these vehicles since the time of the Great Crusade.
- White Scars - The White Scars make extensive use of the Land Speeder and all of its variants as their speed and maneuverability fit perfectly with their combat doctrine's emphasis on mobile warfare. The White Scars have made use of Land Speeders since the early days of the Great Crusade.
- Space Wolves
- Blood Angels
You can download the paper craft model here: Warhammer 40K - Land Speeder Typhoon Free Paper Model Download [Yadi.sk] [pCloud] [Gavitex]