This paper model is a Land Raider Tank, based on the game Warhammer 40K. There are other Land Raider paper crafts at the site:
Warhammer 40K – Land Raider MkIA Spartan Tank Free Paper Model
Warhammer 40K – Land Raider MK I Spartan Tank Free Paper Model
Warhammer 40K – Land Raider Prometheus Tank Free Paper Model
Warhammer 40K – Land Raider Mk II Tank Free Paper Model
Warhammer 40K – Red Scorpions Mark IIIb Land Raider Tank Free Paper Model
The standard Land Raider, aka the Land Raider Phobos, is an Imperial main battle tank and troop transport which serves as the "armoured fist of the Space Marines." Available to the Space Marines, the Traitor Legions of the Chaos Space Marines and the forces of the Inquisition, it is one of the most resilient and iconic vehicles in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The Land Raider's heritage predates even the founding of the Imperium of Man, yet it remains the single most destructive weapon in the Adeptus Astartes' arsenal. Protected by bonded Ceramite and Adamantium armour, the Land Raider is nearly impervious to all save the most destructive weaponry. Equally impressive are the Land Raider's armaments: 2 Twin-linked Lascannons and a Twin-linked Heavy Bolter allow the Land Raider to deliver punishing fire support capable of decimating enemy infantry and armour alike.
The standard configuration Land Raider, known as the Land Raider Phobos Pattern, is one of the most powerful main battle tanks in the Imperium's arsenal, armed with two twin-linked "Godhammer-pattern" Lascannons mounted in side sponsons. A twin-linked Heavy Bolter is mounted on top of the tank to provide anti-infantry fire. As with most Space Marine vehicles, the Land Raider can also be armed with a pintle-mounted Storm Bolter and a single-shot Hunter-Killer Missile Launcher. The Land Raider is supposedly the most heavily armoured vehicle available to any army smaller than a full Imperial Guard armoured company, and its armour is believed to be second only to that of the Necron Monolith in strength.
Particularly noteworthy is that the Land Raider's all-around armour is equally thick everywhere on the vehicle and has no weaknesses, unlike other tanks that often have thinner side and rear armour. Its durable protection, combined with its transport capacity, make it essentially a mobile, fortified bunker, save for the lack of firing ports for the passengers. Land Raiders are also equipped with a "Machine Spirit", an artificial intelligence crafted by the Adeptus Mechanicus that allows the hulking behemoth to move and fight, even without a crew, as if the vehicle were on autopilot. The Chaos Space Marines also have access to these powerful machines as they took with them countless numbers of these destructive behemoths following their defeat on Terra during the Horus Heresy. In the Eye of Terror, the Machine Spirits of the Chaos Land Raiders used by the Traitor Legions were destroyed and replaced with Infernal Devices containing the captured spirit of a daemon that performs similar functions for the vehicle.
The history of the Land Raider is a long and complicated tale. The original designs for both the armour used in the Land Raider and the anti-gravitic technology used by the Land Speeder were discovered during an expedition deep into the Librarius Omnis on Mars by technoarchaeologist Arkhan Land, after whom the vehicles were named. They were once used by all the various branches of the Imperium of Man's armed forces, but during the Horus Heresy, their use was restricted to the Space Marine Legions by decree of the Emperor of Mankind himself.
The popularity of this mighty war engine was so great, that a whole Forge World, Anvilus 9, was entirely turned over to Land Raider production. Anvilus 9 was overrun by the Traitor Tech-priests of the Dark Mechanicum at the beginning of the Horus Heresy, and Land Raider production suddenly slowed to a trickle. With Horus' forces threatening to overrun Terra, the Emperor ordered that all Land Raiders still in Loyalist hands were to be handed over for exclusive use by the Space Marines, who were at the forefront of the fighting. After the Heresy, the decree of exclusive use by the Astartes remained in place. The decree has remained uncontested for ten thousand standard years, although a small number of Land Raiders have been manufactured for use by the Ordos of the Inquisition. [Source: Wikia]
Notable Users of the Land Raider
- Ultramarines - The Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter have made use of the Land Raider Phobos in many campaigns, including the Battle of Arconar, the Defence of Ichar IV, and the Battle for Macragge.
- Raptors - The Raptors Space Marine Chapter have used the Land Raider Phobos during the Taros Campaign and the Badab War.
- Dark Angels - The Dark Angels Space Marine Chapter have used the Land Raider Phobos during the Piscina Campaign and the Siege of Vraks.
- Space Wolves - The Space Wolves used Land Raiders during the First and Second Battles of The Fang and during the Defence of Betalis III.
- Blood Ravens - The Blood Ravens Space Marine Chapter used Land Raiders during the Dark Crusade, the Kaurava Campaign, and the Aurelian Crusades.
- The Inquisition
- Grey Knights
- Black Templars
- Star Phantoms
- Space Wolves
- Sons of Medusa
- Marines Errant
- Red Scorpions
Notable Land Raiders
- Battle's Glory - Battle's Glory was a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the World Eaters Legion during the Great Crusade.
- Invictus - Invictus is a Land Raider Phobos that belongs to the Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter.
- Guilleman's Fist - Guilleman's Fist is a Land Raider Phobos that belongs to the Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter.
- Shield of Faith - Shield of Faith is a Land Raider Phobos that belongs to the Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter.
- Phraetus - Phraetus is a Land Raider Phobos of the Raptors Space Marine Chapter.
- Voltar - Voltar is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Space Wolves Space Marine Chapter.
- Mae Virtus - Mae Virtus is the personal transport of the Inquisitor Lord Thor Malkin during the Siege of Vraks.
- Throne of Mars - The Throne of Mars is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Marines Errant Space Marine Chapter.
- Dakor Rex - Dakor Rex is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Minotaurs Space Marine Chapter.
- Coils of Wrath - Coils of Wrath is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Salamanders Space Marine Chapter.
- Death of the Faithless - Death of the Faithless is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Star Phantoms Space Marine Chapter.
- Tormund - Tormund is a Land Raider Phobos belonging to the Space Wolves Space Marine Chapter.
- Rynn's Might - Rynn's Might is a Land Raider Phobos of the Crimson Fists Space Marine Chapter, after surviving a rouge missile that destroyed the Chapter's Fortress Monastery the Machine Spirit of this vehicle waged a solo war against the Orks that attacked the Crimson Fists' homeworld of Rynn's World, even though the tank did not survive the battle it managed to kill the Ork Warboss and many of his followers in a single night, this act remains a testament to the awesome power of the Land Raider and its Machine Spirit.
Notable Deployments of the Land Raider
The Land Raider and its many variants have seen combat in many conflicts across the galaxy, some of the more notable ones are as follows:
- The Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy - The Land Raider Phobos, alongside the Land Raider Proteus, Spartan Assault Tank, and Land Raider Achilles, fought during the the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy that followed.
- The Taros Campaign - During the Taros Campaign the Raptors and Avenging Sons Space Marine Chapters used Land Raiders against the Tau.
- The Third War for Armageddon - During the Third War for Armageddon the Space Marine Chapters of the Black Templars, Salamanders, the Blood Angels and many others used Land Raiders to hold the planet against the invading Orks.
- The Siege of Vraks - During the 17-year-long Siege of Vraks the Space Marine Chapters of the Dark Angels, Red Scorpions, the Red Hunters, the Angels of Absolution, and the Grey Knights, along with the Inquisition, used Land Raiders to fight against the Forces of Chaos that were entrenched on the planet.
- The Badab War - During the Badab War the loyalist and secessionists forces, including the Lamenters, Minotaurs, Mantis Warriors, Astral Claws, Red Scorpions, Star Phantoms, Salamanders, the Raptors, and the Carcharodons Space Marine Chapters used many Land Raiders.
- The 13th Black Crusade - During the 13th Black Crusade of Abaddon the Despoiler many Space Marine Chapters used Land Raiders to defend the Imperium from the Forces of Chaos.
You can download the paper craft model here:
Warhammer 40K - Land Raider Tank Free Paper Model Download [DropBox] [Box] [Gavitex]