This building paper model is a Vintage Tin-Style Cottage, designed by Howard Lamey and Paul Race. This includes a papercraft template and a tutorial with detailed demonstration of the production and tips.
What You Will Need
- Clean solid cardboard, such as from cereal boxes or posterboard. I especially like to use a thick cardboard, like the back of a writing tablet, for the roof.
- Corrugated cardboard for the base and building foundation
- A sharp mat knife or Xacto knife
- Elmer's white Glue-All. A glue stick would also come in handy.
- Several sheets of acid-free white bond paper
- Light card stock for printing the graphics (optional)
- Green paint for the base
- Acrylic paint for the underside of the roof pieces. I mixed a color that was about the same as the darkest shingle on the roof.
- Access to the Internet and a color printer.
- Clear glossy acrylic finish to help give a metallic appearance and protect the graphics when you are finished.[via littleglitterhouses]