What You Will Need
If you are going to build cardboard houses, stop throwing away used, clean cardboard. Save cereal boxes, the backs of writing tablets, anything flat, firm and clean, that you can save. In addition, for this project you'll need:
- A sharp mat knife or Xacto knife
- Elmer's white Glue-All. A glue stick would also come in handy.
- About a cup of sawdust
- Clear glitter (optional)
- About a square foot of burlap, which simulates a thatched roof appearance. Alternatively, you could print out the Rough Cedar Shake pattern for the roof
- Several sheets of acid-free white bond paper
- Green acrylic paint
- A flat white paint that can be used to prime the base. Flat latex interior wall paint is good. So is flat acrylic.
- Some means of spraying two different colors of green paint. This could be paint cans, or a spray bottle you can use with acrylic paints.
- Other paint as desired
- A small amount of foam core board for the fence
- Some scraps of corrugated cardboard for the base
- Access to the Internet and a color printer.
- Vellum, celophane, or similar translucent medium, for the windows and door[via littleglitterhouses]