This building paper model is designed by papershipwright. The tower was built beside the Chain and Buoy Store, built in 1864, and replaced an earlier experimental lighthouse. The new tower was used by Michael Faraday for his work investigating electric lights as a possible light source.
Trinity House closed the depot in 1988 and the site is now run by Urban Space Management under the name Trinity Buoy Wharf. It provides studio space for artists, flats and other spaces. About this papercraft:
|London, UK||Bow Creek, London||17.5m||1866||Unlit|
|1:250||7cm||60||3 x A4||3 [Moderate]|