This gundam paper model is a SD RGM-79C GM Type C (aka GM Kai) gundam, an improved version of one of the Earth Federation's first mass production mobile suit, the RGM-79 (E) GM Early Type, featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, the papercraft created by Denes54.
After the end of the One Year War, the Federation forces began a massive restructuring and rebuilding of its military strength. Finally recognizing that mobile suit warfare was here to stay they set about improving on their own mass-produced Mobile Suit the RGM-79 GM. The RGM-79C GM Kai unit became the standard production model for front-line units, gradually phasing out the older GM. Ultimately, because the GM Kai's unoriginality, and its only mildly improved performance over its predecessor, the Earth Federation would design and build many other GM descendants, such as the RGM-79N GM Custom and RGM-79Q GM Quel. However none of these designs proved to possess what the Earth Federation was looking for and the RGM 79C GM Kai would remain the mainstay unit of the Earth Federation until the development of the RMS-179/RGM-79R GM II and the RMS-106 Hizack.
This improved model was dubbed the RGM-79C GM Kai, and was similar to the original GM in its armaments and abilities, as they both shared the 90mm machine gun and the Hyper Bazooka. The C-Type did feature greatly improved thrust and its maneuverability was greatly improved too. [Source: wikia]
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The RGM-79C GM Kai is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack in the left side of the backpack.
- Shields are simple in their design, being essentially thick slabs of metal that the equipped mobile suit can use to absorb the impact from attacks that, for whatever reason, cannot be dodged. However shields can only withstand so much pressure before becoming damaged themselves. As technology progressed it became necessary for shields to be treated with an anti-beam coating as a measure of defense against beam weapons which can normally penetrate any physical barrier, however the coating gets gradually burned away each time a beam strikes it until it is rendered useless.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm Machine Gun
- A standard issue machine gun for the Earth Federation mobile suits in place of a beam rifle.
- 360mm Hyper Bazooka
This SD Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 3 Ivory
- 2 Dark Gray
- 1 Black
- 1 Red
- 1 Green
You can download this gundam paper model here: SD RGM-79C GM Type C Gundam Paper Model Free Download