This gundam paper model is a SD MSN-06S Sinanju (aka Sinanju, MSN-06S), the modified version of Anaheim Electronics's MSN-06S Sinanju Stein, and a mobile suit featured in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, piloted by Full Frontal, the papercraft created by Panda203040, and shared by Kevin Chapman. There are other papercraft versions at the site: MSN-06S Sinanju Gundam Papercraft and Gundam Papercraft – MSN-06S Sinanju.
The Sinanju piloted by Full Frontal in UC 0096 is actually a modified version of the MSN-06S Sinanju Stein. The data from the Sinanju Stein was used by Anaheim to complete the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. In UC 0094, the Sinanju Stein was stolen by the remnants of Neo Zeon, "The Sleeves". The Sinanju Stein was slightly modified into the Sinanju and used as the personal machine of Full Frontal.
Originally the MSN-06S Sinanju Stein developed by Anaheim Electronics as part of the Earth Federation's "UC Project", its movable frame is partly made from psycoframe materials. All of the Gundam-like features in the Sinanju Stein have been replaced with a Zeonic-like design and weaponry, making it reminiscent of the MSN-04 Sazabi.
The boosters were also replaced with large flexible thrusters mounted in a wing-like arrangement on its back. Sporting multiple vernier thrusters throughout its frame, the unit is capable of achieving precise movements and high speeds.
With its overwhelming combat ability, crimson body, and mono-eye sensors, the Sinanju reminds all who see it of the legendary "Red Comet". [Source: wikia]
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A basic armament found on many Federation mobile suits. While not very powerful and typically unable to penetrate mobile suit armor, the vulcan gun is useful in intercepting missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored targets such as tanks and small aircraft. This armament was kept on the Sinanju during the refit by The Sleeves.
- Beam Saber/Beam Tonfa
- Stored within each forearm, they can also be used while attached externally to the arms. The RX-0 Unicorn Gundam inherits this mechanism.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard long-range weapon of the Sinanju, it can be used to shoot down missiles or weak mobile suits. Unlike conventional beam rifles, the Sinanju's beam rifle is powered directly by the mobile suit's power plant rather than traditional E-caps, making it a versatile and powerful weapon. The rifle can also be armed with either a grenade launcher or rocket bazooka.
- A long shield that is used for defense. It can store the Grenade Launcher, the Rocket Bazooka and Beam Axes. It can either be attached to the forearms or to the shoulder armor.
- Beam Axe
- The Sinanju is also armed with two beam axes, stored on its shield. The beam axes can form a naginata to take down multiple enemies. Additionally, the axes can also be used while attached to the front of the shield. When activated, the beam blade expands beyond the shield's cover area, taking on an appearance resembling that of a beam shield.
- Grenade Launcher
- Can be mounted on the underside of either the beam rifle or the shield.
- Rocket Bazooka
- An alternative armament for the Sinanju, it carries 5 rounds in its clip. It can also be combined with the beam rifle. It was tested out by Dreissens in Palau.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tank
- As a high-performance mobile suit, the MSN-06S Sinanju is equipped with exceptionally powerful thrusters. While these thrusters allow the Sinanju to attain incredibly high acceleration, they consume fuel at a high rate. To compensate, the Sinanju can be equipped with a pair of back-mounted external propellant tanks which substantially increase the amount of fuel the Sinanju can carry, thus increasing the mobile suits operational flight time. When the fuel is depleted, the tanks can be ejected to decrease mass.
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Psycoframe is a technology that builds the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the metal frame of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype pilot to mentally connect with their mobile suits operating system, similar to the bio-sensor, and directly issue commands via the pilots brainwaves. The technology is incomplete and many commands must still be imputed via traditional controls. Arguably, a mobile suit with a psycoframe and Newtype pilot will have a greater response time than an ordinary suit and pilot.
- 9 Red
- 4 Gray
- 2 Black
- 2 White
- 1 Gold
You can download this gundam paper model here: SD MSN-06S Sinanju Free Gundam Paper Model Download