This gundam paper model is a RX-93 v Gundam (Nu Gundam) bust, based on the Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack, (also appears in Mobile Suit Gundam in UC 0099: Moon Crisis; Gundam: The Battle Master/Gundam Battle Assault; Gundam Battle Assault 2; Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack – Hi-Streamer (novel); Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam; Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next; Mobile Suit Gundam: Climax U.C.; Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Cosmic Drive/Universe Accel), piloted by Amuro Ray, the papercraft created by Kyuri, and shared by Kevin Chapman.
There is a RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam Bust Paper Model at the site, also RX-93-ν2 Hi-nu Gundam Papercraft and RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam Papercraft (red & blue 2 versions).
General and Technical Data
- Model number: RX-93
- Code name: v Gundam
- Unit type: Newtype use ultrahigh efficiency mobile suit
- Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
- Operator: Londo Bell
- First deployment: March UC 0093
- Accommodation: pilot only, in ejectable panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
- Dimensions: overall height 23.0 meters; head height 22.0 meters
- Weight: empty 27.9 metric tons; max gross 63.0 metric tons
- Armor materials: gundarium alloy
- Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2980 kW
- Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 4 x 18300 kg, 2 x 12300 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 26
- Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.55 G
- Equipment and design features: sensors, range 21300 meters; dummy launchers in hands; birdlime launchers in hands; psycoframe cockpit frame
- Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; large beam saber, power rated at 0.85 MW, stored in recharge rack on backpack, hand-carried in use; beam saber, stored in recharge rack in left forearm, hand-carried in use
- Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on left forearm, mounts beam cannon (power rated at 7.8 MW) and 4 x small missile
- Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, power rated at 3.8 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap, with attached grenade launcher, 1 round; hyper bazooka, clip-fed, 4 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber, can be stored on backpack storage rack
- Remote weapons: 6 x fin funnel, stored on backpack storage rack
Technical and Historical Notes
In response to the rise of Char Aznable’s second Neo Zeon movement in the early UC 0090s, the Earth Federation Forces create a special task force called Londo Bell to investigate and stop the new rebellion. One of Londo Bell’s mobile suit pilots is famed One Year War ace Amuro Ray, whose Newtype abilities are essential to stopping Char’s forces. Londo Bell commissions Anaheim Electronics to build a new Gundam-type mobile suit for Amuro’s use, incorporating the latest in psychic communication technology. Anaheim’s result is the RX-93 v Gundam (v being the Greek symbol “nu”). The v Gundam’s basic design is created by Amuro himself, but construction and final modifications are supervised by Anaheim engineer October. October incorporates the latest piece of psychic communication technology – supposedly leaked to Anaheim by Char’s Neo Zeon – called the “psycoframe.” Composed of microscopic-sized psycommu receptor chips, October incorporates the new psycoframe technology into the v Gundam’s cockpit frame, not only reducing its total weight but giving the pilot an edge in being able to more easily read an enemy’s thoughts and movements.
However, Char’s forces begin to move quickly, and the final rollout date for the v Gundam is moved up. Amuro takes possession of the v Gundam and returns to the Londo Bell task force to prepare his new mobile suit for the coming fight with Char. Along with the psycoframe, the v Gundam is also equipped with six “fin funnels,” a new evolution in Newtype-controlled remote weaponry. Although they are technically “bits” and not “funnels”, they are far more advanced than normal bits or funnels in that, in addition to serving as remote beam weapons, they can also be used in geometric formations to create a “beam barrier”, offering a target 360 degrees of protection against most weapons fire. By combining these advanced remote weapons with a Newtype pilot’s psycoframe-enhanced abilities, the v Gundam proves to be an unstoppable foe for the common Neo Zeon pilot.
Unfortunately, the psycoframe advantage also has its drawbacks. October warns Amuro that the psycoframe can create “powerful unknown phenomenae,” and this proves true when Amuro attempts to use the v Gundam to single-handedly stop half of the asteroid base Axis from falling on Earth. When other mobile suit pilots join in the effort to push the giant rock from its decaying orbit, the concentration of so many minds on a single task causes the v Gundam’s psycoframe cockpit to overload, resulting in the mobile suit’s destruction… and Earth’s salvation as Axis is pushed away by the overwhelming psychic force. Psycoframe development continues after the war, and in UC 0096 the Vist Foundation rolls out the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, a mobile suit that incorporates the psycoframe throughout its entire body.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 2 Black
- 16 Dark Gray
- 1 Gold
- 16 Gray
- 1 Green
- 17 Midnight Blue
- 1 Red
- 8 Silver
- 19 White
- 4 Yellow
For this paper model, we recommend that you use the material (Paper, Paint, Glue, etc.) to make. Here are Great Deals, and here are 100s of card making ideas. There is FREE sewing patterns that you may need.