Built in 1946, she sailed from Craigendoran on the Firth of Clyde to Arrochar on Loch Long until 1973. Bought by the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society, she has been restored to her 1947 appearance and now operates passenger excursions around the British coast.
Since 2003 Waverley has been listed in the British National Register of Historic Ships core collection as "a vessel of pre-eminent national importance". She appeared in the 2011 film Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. For more information of the PS Waverley please click here.