Genesect was leaked in the August issue of CoroCoro magazine on July 11, 2012, and it was officially revealed on July 14, 2012. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, though the Drive inserted in the cannon on its back is visibly different within its sprites depending on the Drive it is holding.
- When it is not holding any Drive, the light is orange, and Techno Blast is Normal-type.
- When it is holding the Burn Drive, the light turns red, and Techno Blast is Fire-type.
- When it is holding the Douse Drive, the light turns blue, and Techno Blast is Water-type.
- When it is holding the Shock Drive, the light turns yellow, and Techno Blast is Electric-type.
- When it is holding the Chill Drive, the light turns white, and Techno Blast is Ice-type.
Genesect is the final Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex and National Pokédex within Generation V.
Genesect is a genderless species. Genesect has a purple metal body with a saucer-shaped head, two large red eyes and a small white part that could either be its mouth or a vent. Its body has an insect-like appearance. It has a powerful cannon on its back that was apparently added as part of the bizarre modifications made to it by Team Plasma. It could possibly be a sort of cyborg, due to its given enhancements and Steel type.
Being modified by Team Plasma, Genesect is equipped with a powerful cannon. It is the only Pokémon capable of learning the move Techno Blast, an attack which changes type depending on the Drive it holds. It is indicated that even before Team Plasma powered up Genesect, it was a skilled and ruthless hunter.
By folding up its limbs and connecting its head to the cannon on its back, Genesect can assume a flying saucer-like form, allowing it to fly. This form is known as the High-Speed Flight Form. [Source: Bulbapedia]