This gundam paper model is a MRX-009 Psyco Gundam ver. MH, a transformable mobile armor that appears in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, the papercraft created by Kim, and shared by Kevin Chapman. Developed by the Earth Federation Forces' Murasame Research Institute as a Cyber-Newtype-use machine. Although it has the appearance of a Gundam-type unit, its internal systems are completely different and reference the MSN-02 Zeong.
However, because the Psycommu System could not be miniaturized, developers were forced to produce in accordance with the machine's size, resulting in the Psyco Gundam being more than twice the size of a regular mobile suit. Although it bears the Gundam name, it is classified as a large Mobile Armor (MA). Plans for a "Mobile Fortress" in the base defense role were drafted after the One Year War. Due to its sluggish movement, the Psyco Gundam could not respond to attacks by high-speed enemy machines. The problem was solved by the inclusion of transformable mechanisms introduced by the NRX-044 Asshimar.
The Psyco Gundam is entirely controlled by a Psycommu System, including its fire control system and operation. It is designed so that the pilot makes up a part of the system, so to speak. As it was designed to be used by Cyber Newtypes, the Psyco Gundam cannot be handled by normal humans as the psychological burden is tremendous and potentially fatal. The Psycommu Controller function allows the Psyco Gundam to move towards the pilot via remote operation when apart. The unit can transform into a mode called "Mobile Fortress", and is capable of atmospheric flight through use of a Minovsky Craft System. Since it has evolved from its initial conception as a "Mobile Fortress", it was designed to mainly operate in the form of its transformed "Mobile Fortress" mode. It is armed with a 3-barreled scattering beam gun, 10 beam guns in its fingers, a head-mounted 2-barrel beam and Anti-beam Coating, giving the Psyco Gundam overwhelming power and defense. Two units were confirmed to be produced. [Source: wikia]
- 2-Barrel Beam Gun
- Aside from the 20 single barrel mega beam guns scattered across the MRX-009's body, there is an additional 2-barrel mega beam gun mounted in the mobile weapon's head unit.
- 3-Barrel Scattering Mega Particle Gun
- Three mega scattering guns are mounted on the torso of the MRX-009. It can blind the enemies, and even can tear through some Suits at point-blank range.
- 10 x Beam Gun
- The fingers of the MRX-009 Psyco Gundam each contain a beam emitter, turning each one into a beam gun for a total of 10.
- A simple shield, inspired by the MS-14A Gelgoog . Used to protect the Suit from most weapons.
Special Equipment & Features
- Anti-beam Coating
- The technology coats multiple layers of high specific heat capacity material on top of the armour that evaporates in high temperature. It provides a type of sacrificial protection against any type of beam weapon. However, due to its nature of ablating when defending against great heat, ABC can only tolerate a few hits to the same spot.
- Psycho-control Chair
- After being recapartured by Titans , the Psyco Gundam was equipped with with an experimental new "psyco-control chair", further enhancing Four's abilities to control the Psyco Gundam.
- Psycommu System
- A Psycommu is a device connected directly into the user's thoughts, through which the user can manipulate it by using his/her mind. In essence, a psycommu system works by passively scanning the brainwaves of newtypes, amplifying them in order to send the brainwave signal out long distances, and then translating these brainwaves into raw machine codes upon being recieved by the selected object with limitations. Since brainwaves are not affected by the radio interference property of Minovsky particles, at first it was mainly used to mentally control remote weapons via Minovsky Communication, usually mounted with a single beam gun. This enabled the resurrection of BVR engagements, with bits and funnels being the first weapons able to engage targets without visual contact since the development of the minovsky particle.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 1 White (For decals.)
- 26 Black
- 1 Green
- 21 Light Gray
- 5 Red
- 2 Yellow
You can download this gundam paper model here: MRX-009 Psyco Gundam ver. MH Free Paper Model Download