This gundam paper model is a MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam (aka ΖΖ Gundam, ZZ, MSZ-010; pronounced "Double Zeta"), the titular Mobile Suit in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, piloted by Judau Ashta, the papercraft created by TANKUV, and shared by Kevin Chapman. There is another MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam papercraft (two versions) at the site: MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam Free Paper Model, below is the finished model:
The ΖΖ is a transformable mobile suit, capable of becoming the mobile armor G-Fortress. The G-Fortress can separate into two flight-capable components, called the Core Top and Core Base. The Core Base is operated by the ΖΖ's Neo Core Fighter. Unlike the Ζ Gundam's Waverider mode, the G-Fortress is not capable of unassisted re-entry. The suit is also equipped with a bio-sensor, similar to the one found in the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam.
In terms of weaponry the ΖΖ features a large array of powerful beam weaponry. This includes two hyper beam sabers which are also usable as beam cannons, a two-barreled double beam rifle, a 21-tube missile launcher installed on the backpack, and a high mega cannon on the forehead.
While the ΖΖ Gundam has a very destructive arsenal, the weapons systems require a high level of energy. As a result the ΖΖ often found itself almost completely drained of power after using its high mega cannon. In addition, its complicated construction and transformation systems made it somewhat structurally weak. These problems were eventually corrected with the MSZ-010S Enhanced ZZ Gundam and its massive final upgrade FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam. [Source: wikia]
- 60mm Double Vulcan Gun
- As with all mobile suits that trace their linage back to the RX-78-2 Gundam the ZZ features a head mounted vulcan gun system. The ZZ Gundam's specific vulcan gun system is a 60mm double vulcan gun, indicating that there are two pairs for a total of four vulcan guns. The purpose of the vulcan guns is to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While it can normally do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, serving much better as a means to shoot down incoming missiles. The vulcan guns as an offensive weapon for small lightly-armored targets such as ground combat vehicles or attack helicopters. The 60mm double vulcan guns is operable in mobile suit mode only.
- Double Beam Rifle
- The primary ranged weapon of the ZZ Gundam is a double beam rifle, a unique weapon to the ZZ Gundam that possess two barrels and a cockpit on its rear half. As with all of the ZZ Gundam's beam weapons the double beam rifle possesses an unusually high power rating, with the beams from each individual barrel having a power rating of 10.6 MW for a combined total of 21.2 MW. The double beam rifle mounts on the main body when the ZZ Gundam is in G-Fortress mode or when the Core Top is separated, however the barrels are hidden within the body and cannot be used. Instead it is the double beam rifle's cockpit to face forward. This cockpit can be used to pilot the G-Fortress or the Core Top but is inoperable in mobile suit mode, so anyone in the double beam rifle's cockpit when the ZZ Gundam transforms is essentially stuck on the butt of a dangerous beam rifle.
- High Mega Cannon
- Mounted in the center of the ZZ Gundam's head is a high mega cannon. This particle beam weapon has a power rating of 50 MW, making it the most powerful beam weapon used by a mobile suit during the First Neo Zeon War, as well as one of the most powerful weapon mounted on a mobile suits ever. The power of the high mega cannon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and as shown when used against Chara Soon's AMX-104 R-Jarja it can completely destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. However despite being a powerful weapon, its power is also a weakness as the ZZ's fusion reactor is unable to handle repeated usage of the high mega cannon. The high mega cannon is operable in mobile suit mode only.
- Hyper Beam Saber
- The ZZ Gundam mounts in backpack recharge racks a pair of hyper beam sabers. The hilts of these beam sabers are easily three times greater the size of other beam sabers in use during the First Neo Zeon War, and are capable of emitting a much longer and more powerful saber that can easily cut through several mobile suits in a single swing. When the ZZ is in G-Fortress mode, or when the Core Base is separated, the hyper beam sabers serve as its main weapons in the form of beam guns, similar to the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam, however the ZZ's beam guns are much more powerful having a power rating of 20 MW.
- Missile Launchers
- The ZZ Gundam mounts a pair of missile launchers on its backpack in mobile suit mode and on its main body in G-Fortress mode. Each missile launcher possesses 21-tubes that are loaded with AMA-13S small missiles. Also the FXA-07GB Neo Core Fighter, which serves as the cockpit for the mobile suit and the Core Base, also mounts a pair of missile launchers that load with AMA-09S small missiles which can be used by the Core Base.
- The ZZ Gundam mounts a pair of shields on its forearms. Unlike previous Gundams the shields are not optional equipment that can be removed, but are actually built into the mobile suit's arms. The shields serve the purpose of protecting the ZZ from attacks that it cannot dodge. They also serve as wings/control surfaces for the G-Fortress and Core Top to increase mobility in the atmosphere.
Special Equipment & Features
- A technological variant of the psycommu system developed by Anaheim Electronics. Although its full capabilities are unknown, its primary purpose was to allow a Newtype pilot to more easily interface with his mobile suit via mental commands. The bio-sensor could also have a rather surprising side effect when the pilot was mentally and emotionally focused enough to cause the bio-sensor to amplify the power, speed and strength of the mobile suit for a short period of time.
- Core Fighter System
- Separable Transformation Components
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 1 Yellow
- 5 Red
- 6 Blue
- 10 Gray
- 16 Dark Gray
- 15 Light Gray
- 1 White
You can download this gundam paper model here: