This aircraft paper model is a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 Red Five fighter, a jet fighter developed for the USSR by Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich, the papercraft was created by jplanes. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful swept-wing jet fighters, and it achieved fame in the skies over Korea, where early in the war, it outclassed all straight-winged enemy fighters in most applications.
The MiG-15 also served as the starting point for development of the more advanced Mig-17 which was still an effective threat to American fighters during the Vietnam War. The MiG-15 is believed to have been the most widely produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. Licensed foreign production perhaps raised the total to over 18,000. The MiG-15 is often mentioned along with the North American F-86 Sabre in lists of the best fighter aircraft of the Korean War and in comparison with fighters of other eras. For more information of the MiG-15 please click here.
- Crew: MiG-15bis=1, MiG-15UTI=2
- Length: 10.1 m (33 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 10.1 m (33 ft 1 in)
- Height: 3.7 m (12 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 20.6 m² (221.74 ft²)
- Airfoil: TsAGI S-10 / TsAGI SR-3
- Empty weight: 3,580 kg (7,900 lb)
- Loaded weight: 4,960 kg (10,935 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 6,105 kg (13,460 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 1,400 L (364 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Klimov VK-1 turbojet, 26.5 kN (5,950 lbf)
- Maximum speed: 1,075 km/h (668 mph)
- Cruise speed: 850 km/h (530 mph)
- Range: 1,310 km, 1,975 km with external tanks (815 mi / 1,230 mi)
- Service ceiling: 15,500 m (50,850 ft)
- Rate of climb: 50 m/s (9,840 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 240.8 kg/m² (49.3 lb/ft²)
- Thrust/weight: 0.54
- 2x NR-23 23mm cannons in lower left fuselage (80 rounds per gun, 160 rounds total)
- 1x Nudelman N-37 37 mm cannon in lower right fuselage (40 rounds total)
- 2x 100 kg (220 lb) bombs, drop tanks, or unguided rockets on 2 underwing hardpoints.
You can download the paper model here: Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 Red Five Fighter Free Aircraft Paper Model Download