This papercraft is a Stone Mask, an aztec artifact only known by a vampiric cult hidden within the Aztec empire, based on the anime / manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, the paper model created by Dotsubo. The stone masks were designed by Kars as an initial attempt to give his race the ability to withstand sunlight. However, they were "only" powerful enough to turn humans into vampires. On the back of the Stone Mask possessed by George Joestar I, there is something written in an ancient language. It is unknown what it means nor if it was written by Kars or the Aztec.
During the mid-to-late 19th century, the mask was excavated by humans and later the subject of research by Jonathan Joestar, who was unable to understand its purpose and was only able to come up with speculative theories. These theories attracted the morbid curiosity of Dio Brando, who believed it to have been an execution item that he could attempt to use on Jonathan, and after testing it on another human, realizes that it transforms them into vampires. During his struggle with the Joestars, Dio used a hidden blade to stab George Joestar I in order to activate the Stone Mask and become a vampire. This would start a long grudge between him and the Joestars.
The mask is triggered when it is touched by human blood. It will then extend tendrils of stone from its edges, piercing the wearer's skull and brain. The tendrils are meant to precisely find and trigger certain points in the brain in a fashion similar to acupuncture, and from thereon release the wearer's potential strength. This surge will give the wearer vampiric powers and superhuman strength, but also render the body effectively "dead" and unable to contain life, such as direct sunlight or ripple.
When fitted with the Red Stone of Aja and exposed to light, the stone mask has the capability of piercing a Pillar Man's skull. In this case, the mask unleashes an ironically retrograde effect, in which pillar men are completely immune to the Sun, and have the ability to use the ripple and morph their bodies on a cellular level into any pre existing creature.
The story of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure centers around the misadventures of the Joestars, a powerful family with English roots. Each member of the bloodline has a star shaped birthmark above their left shoulder blade - Dio Brando, the original nemesis of the Joestar family, and his descendants have this distinguishable mark also, a result from Dio's 'theft' of Jonathan Joestar's body and inheriting the Joestar genes as well. The series spans several generations, with each part featuring a descendent of the Joestars as the main protagonist along with a large cast of characters. Parts 1 to 6 occur in the same timeline while parts 7 and 8 take place in a separate, alternate universe.
The series' title is a reference to the fact that each part's main character's name can be read as JoJo. A nickname derived by putting together the letters "J" and "O" from their first and last names. Later installments have additional variations on the JoJo wordplay. For example, in the name Josuke, the Japanese character representing "suke" can also be read as "Jo", likewise in the Italian name Giorno Giovanna, "Gio" is pronounced very similar to "Jo".
- Part 1
- Phantom Blood (ファントムブラッド Fantomu Buraddo)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure volumes 1 to 5. In 1880s Britain, the young Jonathan Joestar meets his new adopted brother Dio Brando who only wants to usurp Jonathan as heir to the Joestar family. However, his attempts are thwarted and when he resorts to using an ancient stone mask, it transforms him into a vampire. Jonathan, with Italian Ripple master Will A. Zeppeli and former street thug Robert E.O. Speedwagon at his side, must now stop at nothing to destroy Dio now that his sights are set on nothing less than world domination.
- Part 2
- Battle Tendency (戦闘潮流 Sentō Chōryū)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure volumes 5 to 12. In 1938 in New York City, Joseph Joestar, grandson of Jonathan, learns that Speedwagon has disappeared upon investigating a strange ruin he has found in Mexico and sets there to look for him. This leads to the revival of one of the Pillar Men, ancient creatures who developed the stone masks from his slumber. Later, three even more powerful Pillar Men are revived in Rome and start their search for a mystical artifact that will grant them true immortality. They poison Joseph twice in their first meeting and he ends up forced to undergo a month-long hellish training under Ripple master Lisa Lisa, alongside Will A. Zeppeli's grandson Caesar to have a rematch with them for the sake of retrieving the antidotes in their possession to save his life and stop their plans.
- Part 3
- Stardust Crusaders (スターダストクルセイダース Sutādasuto Kuruseidāsu)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure volumes 12 to 28. In 1989, Joseph seeks out the help of his Japanese grandson Jotaro Kujo, as both of them have developed mysterious powers known as Stands since Dio has come back, now using their ancestor Jonathan's body as his own. And as a result, Joseph's daughter or Jotaro's mother Holly is struck ill by her own Stand killing her from the inside out. Jotaro and Joseph, joined by Mohammed Avdol, Noriaki Kakyoin, Jean Pierre Polnareff, and the dog Iggy, travel across Asia to track down Dio to kill him and save Holly from certain death, battling other Stand-using assassins along the way.
- Part 4
- Diamond Is Not Crash (ダイヤモンドは砕けない Daiyamondo wa Kudakenai)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure volumes 29 to 47. In the fictional Japanese town of Morioh in 1999, Josuke Higashikata, the illegitimate son of Joseph, is asked by Jotaro to help solve a serial killer mystery plaguing the town, found to be a result of a Stand-user producing arrow and a pair of sons who are trying to create a Stand-user to put their father, cursed by Dio, out of his misery. Josuke and his friends Koichi Hirose, Okuyasu Nijimura, the famous manga artist Rohan Kishibe, and even his father and half-nephew work together to stop the serial killer Yoshikage Kira.
- Part 5
- Vento Aureo (黄金の風 Ōgon no Kaze)
- Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio volumes 47 to 63. In Italy in 2001, Giorno Giovanna, the son of Dio while he possessed Jonathan's body, wants to be a "gang star", an altruistic mafia boss giving their riches to the poor, and to that end joins Passione. His squad, consisting of fellow Stand-users Bruno Buccellati, Leone Abbacchio, Guido Mista, Narancia Ghirga, and Pannacotta Fugo, are tasked to protect Trish Una who is their boss's daughter from other Stand-using members of the gang who want to learn the identity of their boss, Diavolo.
- Part 6
- Stone Ocean (ストーンオーシャン Sutōn Ōshan)
- Stone Ocean volumes 1 (64) to 17 (80). In 2011 near Port St. Lucie, Florida, Jotaro's estranged daughter Jolyne Cujoh is framed for murder and is sent to prison all because one of Dio's disciples wishes to kill her. Jotaro unlocks Jolyne's own Stand powers so she can defend herself, before he is nearly killed by another disciple. Jolyne teams up with fellow inmates and Stand-users Hermes Costello, Weather Report, and Narciso Anasui, the sentient Stand using plankton Foo Fighters, and the young child Emporio Alnino to save Jotaro and stop one of Dio's disciples Enrico Pucci from recreating the world in his master's image.
- Part 7
- Steel Ball Run (スティール・ボール・ラン Sutīru Bōru Ran)
- Steel Ball Run volumes 1 (81) to 24 (104). In an alternate timeline in 1890, Gyro Zeppeli travels to the United States to take part in a cross-country horse race known as the Steel Ball Run. His skill in a strange steel-ball-based magic known as the Spin garners the interest of former jockey and paraplegic Johnny Joestar, particularly after a Spin-infused ball briefly restores Johnny's ability to walk. Johnny travels with Gyro on the race, until things go awry when it is revealed that the race is all a ploy set up by President Funny Valentine to gather the parts of a mystical corpse that grants Stand powers and world domination, with Valentine assisted by a series of assassins including racer Diego Brando.
- Part 8
- JoJolion (ジョジョリオン Jojorion)
- The current arc, which started on volume 105, and is set in the same timeline of Part 7. In 2012 the town of Morioh has been devastated by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, and mysterious structures called the Wall Eyes have appeared throughout the town, disrupting roads and utility lines, while granting Stand powers to certain individuals. Young woman Yasuho Hirose rescues an amnesiac young man found unconscious with several anomalies into his body whom she dubs "Josuke". Originally believed to be Yoshikage Kira, a descendant of Johnny Joestar, Josuke is adopted into the Higashikata clan, but later he finds himself in a quest to investigate a mysterious conspiracy involving someone in the clan who apparently knows the truth about him, but is keeping it concealed for some yet unexplained reason.
You can download this papercraft model here: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stone Mask Free Papercraft Download [Yadi.sk] [Box] [Gavitex] [Ge.tt]