This gundam paper model is a GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam, a prototype close-quaters combat mobile suit, it is featured in the anime Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, piloted by Kira Yamato, the papercraft created by Papertang, and shared by Kevin Chapman.
There are also other GAT-X105 papercraft versions at the site:
GAT-X105 Strike Gundam With Weapons and Shield Papercraft
Very Detailed GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam Bust Paper Model
SD GAT-X105 Strike Gundam and Full Weapon Pack Free Papercraft
SD Gundam GAT-X105 Strike Free Papercraft
Mini Aile Strike Gundam Papercraft
GAT-X105E+AQME-X09S Strike Noir Gundam Free Paper Model
The Sword Strike was first used inside Heliopolis to counter a ZAFT attack comprised of ZGMF-1017 GINNs using D-equipment. The Sword Strike destroyed one GINN it dueled using a combination of its Midas Messar and Schwert Gewehr.
Its second use occurred while the Archangel-class was stationed at Artemis asteroid. The GAT-X207 Blitz had infiltrated the base and destroyed the light-wave shield emitters. The Sword Strike sortied against it in an attempt to minimize collateral damage.
Ultimately it was the Sword Strike that destroyed the Blitz, at a battle that occurred on an island just outside of Orb waters. The Sword Strike had been about to finish the Aegis, but the Blitz de-cloaked itself as it attacked. In the resulting confusion the Sword Strike cut right into the mobile suits cockpit, killing the pilot and causing the machine to explode. Afterwards the Sword Strike configuration was never used again.
The Sword Strike is a mobile suit designed for close quarters combat, thus making it the most suitable choice in an area where little collateral damage can be risked such as in a colony interior, or within the hanger of an allied base. Besides the standard armament of the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam, the Sword Striker adds a large anti-ship sword, a rocket anchor and a beam boomerang to the armament of the suit. [Source: wikia]
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- Mounted in the Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, or essentially any targets that are too small or otherwise unsuited to use the beam rifle on.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Strike's hips are a pair of folding "Armor Schneider" combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and are capable of piercing the joints and under-armored sections of ZAFT mobile suits.
- "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m Anti-ship Sword
- The "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m anti-ship sword is the Sword Strike's largest and primary weapon. It is a large physical blade that has a laser emitter along the cutting edge. The large blade is designed to easily slice mobile suits in half or to cut off sections of a ship such as the guns. Although Schwert Gewehr was designed to double as a laser rifle at the bottom end, Strike only use the prototype model lacking this feature but adding an extra blade to the failed rifle creating a double beam spear.
- "Panzer Eisen" Rocket Anchor
- A "Panzer Eisen" rocket anchor weapon built into the Sword Strike's shield. It has a grappling claw that can catch enemy units to pull them into the Sword Strike's combat range.
- "Midas Messer" Beam Boomerang
- Stored on the Sword Strike's left should armor is a single "Midas Messer" beam boomerang. It is a throwing weapon that uses the physics of a boomerang to return to the owner, often catching enemy units by surprise.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 6 White
- 9 Gray
- 3 Blue
- 1 Light Gray
- 2 Red
- 1 Yellow
- 1 Dark Gray
- 1 Silver
You can download this gundam paper model here: GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam Free Paper Model Download