This gundam paper model is a GAT-X105+AQME-X01 Aile Strike Gundam, a prototype general purpose Mobile Suit, featured in the anime / manga / game series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and primary pilot was Kira Yamato before it was passed down to ace pilot Mu La Flaga, the papercraft created by TANKUV, and shared by Kevin Chapman.
There are other GAT-X105 gundam papercrafts at the site:
GAT-X105 Strike Gundam With Weapons and Shield Papercraft
Very Detailed GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam Bust Paper Model
SD GAT-X105 Strike Gundam and Full Weapon Pack Free Papercraft
SD Gundam GAT-X105 Strike Free Papercraft
Mini Aile Strike Gundam Papercraft
When the Earth Alliance created the Strike, it gave it the ability to mount Striker Packs to adapt to different combat situations. One such pack is the Aile Striker, which quickly became the most commonly equipped Striker pack for the Strike. It nevertheless was the last pack used by Kira Yamato after he became the designated pilot of the ZGMF-X10A Freedom. The Aile pack is also the Striker pack of choice for Mu La Flaga and Cagalli Yula Athha with their Strikes.
Besides the standard armament of the GAT-X105 Strike (include head-mounted CIWS guns, combat knifes, a beam rifle and a shield), the AQM/E-X01 Aile Striker pack adds an additional pair of beam sabers to the armament of the suit.
The AQM/E-X01 Aile Striker is the most commonly equipped Striker pack for the Strike as it provides the greatest versatility. Thanks to the enhanced powerful vernier thrusters built into the Aile Striker the Strike becomes an all purpose combat mobile suit with enhanced speed and maneuverability compared to its base capabilities. Despite the strength of the thrusters, they do not perform well enough to give the Strike a lot of flight capabilities inside Earth's atmosphere. However the Aile does enhance the Strike's jumping capabilities to the point that the Strike can combat low flying machines such as mobile suits riding Guuls. [Source: wikia]
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- The Igelstenllung 75mm multi-barrel CIWS is a defensive anti-air weapon. This small caliber weapon can do little to the armor of an enemy mobile suit, though it can destroy less protected zones such as sensors, however its high-rate of fire makes it an ideal weapon for shooting down incoming missiles. The Igelstellung can also be used to destroy small land vehicles such as missile trucks. The Aile Strike Gundam is equipped with two Igelstellung that are mounted in the head.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- The Armor Schneider combat knives are folding metal knives with a very sharp edge that are used to attack weapon point in an enemy mobile suit's armor. The Aile Strike is equipped with two Armor Schneider stored in compartments in the hip armor.
- Beam Saber
- Stored in the Aile Striker is a pair of beam sabers. These are the primary close range combat weapons and can slice through any armor that does not have an anti-beam coating.
- 57mm High-energy Beam Rifle
- Another add-on to the regular Strike, the beam rifle can optionally be stored on the rear waist. This is the primary mid to long range combat weapon and can easily destroy a ZGMF-1017 GINN with one shot, but is mostly ineffective against suits with anti-beam coating.
- The shield is an optional piece of equipment designed to increase the Strike's defensive capability. A piece of armor almost as long as the Strike is tall the shield is used to intercept attacks that the pilot cannot, or will not dodge. The shield does not have phase shift armor, so it is not as durable as the Strike's armor, however it also does not drain energy each time it is hit. The shield's major advantage is that it is designed to block and absorb energy based attacks from weapons such as beam rifles and beam sabers, an ability the phase shift armor is unable to accomplish. However the shield has limits, for instance its ability to block an attack on the scale of a positron cannon blast is limited to halting the momentum while the shield and Strike itself will be destroyed.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Phase Shift armor
- As with all of the G Project mobile suits, the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike is equipped with phase shift armor. When activated the Aile Strike's color is changed from a light grey to a white scheme with a bit of blue and red mixed in. Phase Shift armor, when activated, renders the Aile Strike immune to physical attacks such as bullets, the GINN sword, or against missiles. However Phase Shift armor continually drains the battery of energy, shortening the mobile suit's combat endurance. Also the Phase Shift armor draws on even more energy each time it is struck.
This Gundam papercraft requires the following colors of card paper:
- 4 Black
- 3 Blue
- 18 Gray
- 1 Light Blue
- 4 Red
- 1 Silver
- 12 White
- 1 Yellow
You can download this gundam paper model here: GAT-X105+AQME-X01 Aile Strike Gundam Free Paper Model Download