This airplane paper model is a Fokker F27 Friendship, a turboprop airliner designed and built by the defunct Dutch aircraft manufacturer Fokker, the paper model was designed by gahm. The scale of the papercraft is in 1:57. Design of the Fokker F27 started in the 1950s as a replacement to the successful Douglas DC-3 airliner. The manufacturer evaluated a number of different configurations before finally deciding on a high-wing twin Rolls-Royce Dart engine layout with a pressurised cabin for 28 passengers.
The first prototype, registered PH-NIV, first flew on November 24, 1955. The second prototype and initial production machines were 0.9 m (3 ft) longer, addressing the first aircraft's slightly tail-heavy handling and also providing space for four more passengers, bringing the total to 32. These aircraft also used the more powerful Dart Mk 528 engine. For more information please klick here.
- Crew: 2 or 3
- Capacity: 48-56 passengers
- Length: 25.06 m (82 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 29 m (95 ft 2 in)
- Height: 8.72 m (28 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 70 m2 (750 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 11,204 kg (24,701 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 19,773 kg (43,592 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Dart Mk.532-7 two-stage centrifugal compressor turboprop, 1,678 kW (2,250 hp) each
- Cruising speed: 460 km/h (286 mph; 248 kn)
- Range: 2,600 km (1,616 mi; 1,404 nmi)
- Rate of climb: 7.37 m/s (1,451 ft/min)
You can download this aircraft paper model here: Fokker F27 Friendship Free Airplane Paper Model Download