This paper model is a EE-11 Urutu armored car, designed by recortecole. The EE-11 Urutu is a 6x6 armored personnel carrier developed in the by Engesa of Brazil. It shares many components with the EE-9 Cascavel armoured fighting vehicle. The suspension includes Engesa's Boomerang double-axle rear drive. The Brazilian Marine Corps use a modified amphibious variant with propellers and a more powerful engine. Uruto refers to a Brazilian species of snake.
EE-11 Urutu has seen combat in Iraq and Libya. It was used by the Brazilian Army in the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti.
There is another United Nations version of this papercraft:
Urutu production stopped in 1987 and since then all units still in use by the Brazilian Army have been modernized and upgraded by Army's São Paulo War Arsenal branch as a stopgap until the arrival of the newly designed VBTP-MR in 2012.
- Mortar Carrier: Carries an 81 mm mortar, for motorised fire support. Transports the mortar crew (four officers).
- Infantry Fighting Vehicle: With a turret for 25 mm cannon and a anti-tank missile launcher tube.
- Fire support: Equipped with the 90 mm cannon of the EE-9 Cascavel.
- Anti-aircraft: Version equipped with a turret for a 20 mm or 25 mm cannon.
- Recovery Vehicle: Usually unarmed version, includes a hydraulic crane and equipment maintenance and wrecking of vehicles on the battlefield.
- Anti-riot: Version equipped with an anti-plank fence and smoke launchers.
- Ambulance: Equipped with four stretchers and medical equipment to provide emergency medical care.
- Command Vehicle: Designed as Command-Vehicle of large units and sub-operating units. Allows the monitoring of the battlefield by the operational commanders. It takes in two tables attached latrine and places for files, documents and maps, and communications equipment.
You can download this vehicle paper model template here: EE-11 Urutu Armored Car Free Paper Model Download