Brighten up your home this Christmas with this beautiful wreath that you can customize too look just the way you like. Build it for yourself or someone special this holiday season! [via disney family]
Using this printable template, you'll be able to create a beautiful wreath to hang in your home. You can put the pieces together any way you like to create a customized design, or you can follow these basic instructions:
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the pieces. When cutting out the ring, it's best to cut around the outside circle first. Remove the inner circle by folding the entire circle in half and cutting along the inner circle line. The ring you are left with is what you'll attach the printed leaves to.
- Fold all 24 leaves in half along the dotted lines.
- You'll find that the curve at the bottom of each leaf matches the curve of the ring. Line the curves up, and use glue or double-sided tape to attach four leaves to the ring -- one at the 12:00 position, one at 3:00, one at 6:00, and one at 9:00. The fold of all of these leaves should be convex (mountain).
- Once the first four leaves are in place, attach eight more so that the space between each leaf is about the same. You should now have 12 leaves on your wreath.
- Next, attach concave (valley) folded leaves between the convex (mountain) folded leaves. This will create an effect that adds depth to your wreath by making it look fuller.
- Once all 24 leaves are attached, add the "Mickey" berries anywhere you like.
- If you want to make your wreath even fuller, you can print more leaves.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.
Download the wreath here: Mickey Paper Wreath